2017 is here!
And I am back to blogging! Hello, World!
I took a break from blogging, I was burnt out with all the writing, hectic social media, networking and was dealing with some personal issues. I needed time to find peace and balance within myself.
Anxiety is a horrible thing. I needed some time to decompress and deal with the anxiety I was feeling. Funny thing for the longest time I never knew that feeling on my chest, that constant worry and lack of appetite were anxiety. It wasn’t until I was talking with my mother one day, and I mentioned it, that she finally gave me a name for it.
2017 to me represents to me a whole lot of changes, and that can be overwhelming and scary. However, I believe that whenever something feels scary is when I have to do it the most! So ready or not the time is NOW. I have lived in Houston, Texas for 6 years now. I got married earlier 2016 and thought my life was taking a turn – and it did – but in a different direction. Life doesn’t often go the way we plan, and that is ok. I am now once again ready to embark on a new journey, alone with my son, back into the unexpected just like we did when we moved from the UK to the USA in 2010.
I am excited, I am scared but more than anything I am determined.
Back to the Anxiety:
So, I decided to take a natural route to solve my problem. I threw myself into daily yoga and meditation, and I tried to understand the root of my feelings. And I found myself, and the core of my peace. Happiness is a personal choice, and it is dependent only on us and no one else. Sometimes we lose ourselves in the daily routines of our life and we forget about that inner fire that makes us who we are. Don’t let life dull your light. We can be mothers, sisters, daughters, friends, wives. We can be entrepreneurs, writers, lovers. We can be so many things but don’t forget to above all be YOU.
Deal with it, Don’t Ignore it!
Whatever it is that is bothering you, deal with it. Feelings don’t go away they only get more intense. Understand what you are feeling and allow yourself to break apart – and then build yourself back up from the ashes.
Some natural “remedies” to help you ease the anxiety:
– Yoga: I cannot stress enough how important Yoga can be for you if you are feeling anxious, or nervous. Learning how to breathe and how to understand your body can help you regulate your moods, and it also leaves you feeling relaxed and refreshed.
– Chamomile Tea: Some compounds in chamomile (Matricaria recutita) bind to the same brain receptors as drugs like Valium.
– Green Tea: Research shows that L-theanine helps curb a rising heart rate and blood pressure, and a few small human studies have found that it reduces anxiety.
– Exercise: sounds cliche, but yes! a simple 2mile run or walk outdoors can do wonders for your body and mind. “If you exercise on a regular basis, you’ll have more self-esteem and feel healthier,” says Drew Ramsey, MD, Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University, who blogs at http://www.DrewRamseyMD.com.
– Lavander essential oils: with an oil diffuser, infuse your room with some lavender. Lavender has been also used internally for mood imbalances such as anxiety, insomnia, and gastrointestinal distress.
– Writing, painting, drawing: all these activities can release stress, and can also make you forget about your problems for a while, giving you some much needed relieve.
Check out this video with a simple Yoga session to relieve stress and anxiety
If you are suffering from anxiety, consider natural ways to take control. Speak to a friend (I am SO grateful for the network of amazing friends I have and are always there for me) Or take time out, whatever works for you. I had to do both.
Just remember anxiety is nothing but fear of the unknown. Embrace the future with all its challenges, I promise you, I’ll be alright.